ROCKLIN - Thinking about attending Community College this fall? The Sierra College Rocklin Campus will hold a New Student Jump Start event on Saturday, August 23. The purpose of this event is to stream-line the registration process and get students into the classes they want and need in time for the start of the Fall 2014 semester, which begins Monday, August 25. An RSVP is required in order to attend. Call the Counseling Center at (916) 660-7400 x4.
The Jump Start Event is offered at 9:00am -1:00pm and 12:00pm – 4:00pm. Please show up 15 minutes early to the session of your choice to sign in. Each session consists of the following workshops:
- New Student Group Counseling
- Financial Aid workshops
- Major/Career workshops
- Parent/Family orientations
There are three important steps that must be completed online, before attending this jump start event:
- Complete the online application for admission by logging in to www.sierracollege.edu
- Upon admission, complete the online orientation. This can be found by clicking onto the link on your mySierra portal.
- Placement: Go to www.sierracollege.edu/placement to determine your English and math placement level. Note: If the online placement tool directs you to take an Assessment test, you must complete the test before attending this event.
The Rocklin Campus is located at 5000 Rocklin Rd. Rocklin, CA 95677. Parking is free on Saturdays on campus. For more information, and to RSVP, call: (916) 660-7400 x4.